ENSEM Therapeutics is seeking experienced and motivated PhD-level scientists with expertise in cancer cell biology to join our Cell Biology
team. In this role, you will design and perform cell studies to evaluate small molecules for their ability to inhibit oncogenic pathways. You
will also assess novel drug targets for their prioritization and integration into our discovery pipeline.
· Report to the Head of Biology or one of our senior biologists.
· Design mechanistic assays for small molecule optimization and manage
external resources for routine compound testing. Characterize lead compounds and development candidates to help advance projects to
preclinical development and to enable development of biomarkers and assays for use in first-in-human studies.
· Actively participate in
discussions at project meetings and other forums within the company, to leverage the opportunities to broaden scientific and strategic
· Collaborate with colleagues from other functional areas to build and maintain alignment on project goals and issues.
Scientists who demonstrate the requisite leadership skills will have future opportunity to lead project teams and manage internal resources.
· A PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, Cell or Molecular Biology with experience in signal transduction pathways or gene expression regulation in
mammalian cells is required. Post-doctoral training is required, except in the case of Associate Scientists.
· Proficiency in the
characterization of proteins and nucleic acids, using techniques such as immunoprecipitation, ELISA, RT-PCR, and qPCR is required. Candidates
should have extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques, as well as the design of expression plasmids.
· Flexibility, adaptability, and multi-tasking in an interdisciplinary, hybrid (internal/outsourcing) and multi-site environment.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to articulate deliverables, progresses, and issues to the drug discovery team and solicit
feedbacks from team members and industrial and academic partners.
· Personal attributes: attention to details while focused on the big picture; ability to scientifically influence and motivate others; a team
player who listens effectively and values feedbacks; collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, and creative; persistent, optimistic with can-do
When submitting your application, please use Requisition Number ENSEM-2022-CB02 in your subject line. Submit your resume and a cover letter by
clicking apply now.